Food and its beauty
Food has been a major part of human life since evolution. That’s why it has been a daily necessity to run the body. Food acts as the fuel to the body which helps it work. But ever noticed the food and thought of it. It is not just food for hunger, taste, or health, it has its beauty and colours which makes it something nice to look at. There are many things which are not proper food but are part of the food and adds a lot of beauty, colours, and attraction to the fooditems. Nowadays there are beautiful crockery and dishes used for enhancing the beauty of the prepared dish. Also, the additional elements all together can complete the dish and with the proper balance of everything, it can beautify it more.
Appearance matters over here
The are many national and international level food competitions where the appearance of the dishes prepared matters a lot in the competitions. The appearance is the first thing a person sees or notices of everything. So, if the first impression is not up to the mark then the mood of the person who will have it will be a bit changed about the food but if the food appears nice, attractive, and appealing then the first impression has been passed with flying colours. After this, the smell of the food does the work and then the taste. So, the dishes or the food needs to look good.
Desserts and the importance of its presentation
The most exciting part of the whole meal for maximum people is the desserts. Desserts are considered as the most favourite part of any meal. People wait for the desserts eagerly after the whole meal. So, what should be the appearance of the desserts? As it is the fondest part of the people and people wait for it eagerly so it will be bad to ruin their excitement and wait by presenting them the dessert in a messy way. So, the presentation of the desserts should also be beautiful and appealing. Also, the appearance should be good for every part of the food and meal. Different dishes require different types and styles of presentation.
The power of presentation is that, if a food item does not taste good but is presented attractively, then the first impression is already won, next comes the smell and taste. So, when half a mile is achieved then the rest of the things can be improved in the next time. It works for a lot of people. The kids refuse to have vegetables and healthy food items, so the basic raw materials like vegetables and healthy things remain the same, just the presentation is done in such a way that the kids feel different and excited to see it. They are convinced for the food to be liked by them by presenting in a way which they would like, then they eat it automatically and they don’t even realize the trick and nutrients that are fed into them. So, the appearance of the food can convince a lot of people to eat it, though the taste can be anything, good or bad.
Importance of foods in parties
Hosting a party requires a lot of work. One has to arrange things as per the interest of invitees and the key element of every party is food. So, special attention should be given to the food section. Decoration and arranging other things are different but food requires smell, taste, and looks all at the same time. One cannot offer any common food, at any state in their party, it has to be perfect. People expect good food with different elements in it.
So, as we discussed the appearance of every food requires to be good, and in the parties to it is important but this discussion is especially about desserts. So, the presentation and appearance of the dessert should be in a proper way, so that the impression, mood, and excitement of your party guests are not ruined. Different types of food require different types of presentation as per the requirement, so the same thing goes with the desserts. Different desserts are required to be presented differently.
Tips for table set up
So, here are some tips for table set up which can be helpful in your parties.
- The choice of colours matters a lot. One should think of the people visiting them and their choices. So, if it’s a party for the kids then the colour should either be bright or soft. Dark colours won’t be appropriate. But in a bachelor’s party, or friends party dark coloured desserts may match the theme.
- Select desserts and its presentation according to the occasion. So, if it’s a Halloween party then the desserts and its presentation both for the party will be different than a baby shower party.
- Whatever may be the shape your table, prefer it to get covered with a cloth, table cover or sheet. It can be easy for you too to clean the things after the party and it will appear nice and hygienic.
- The heights should be kept in mind while serving or presenting the desserts. There are levels used for several desserts which makes them look more beautiful and attractive.
- Use the main desserts as the centre point to keep the presentation focussed. Also, background work can make the desserts look attractive. One can use matching fabrics or wallpapers for this work.
- Decoration of the desserts should look creative and the use of the plates and trays must be done appropriately to match the look and colour of the dessert. Contrasting colours can help a lot in this case.
- Don’t go for too many desserts, keep it simple, and make it good. Also, manage the size of the table. You should look up the size of the table and then plan the number of desserts that can be easily presented on it.
Be it any household party, an event, or occasion, including any age group member it requires the favourite of everyone, desserts. No party can miss desserts, people wait for desserts at their houses, the hotels, restaurants, and every party they visit. So, the presence of dessert is a must in the parties but in what way or manner? For more tips, the below-mentioned links can be helpful.