What is a cupcake?
A cup cake is a smaller version of cake that is baked in a small thin paper or aluminium foil which consists of frosting and decorations with fruit and candy. They are made by creaming the butter and sugar together so to have a smooth and fluffy batter. These are the best deserts to serve on some special gatherings like birthday and Christmas parties.
Best tips to bake a best cupcake
- Follow the recipe
Follow the step by step recipe. Sometimes, after using all the essential ingredients, the do not bring a proper result and food does not taste good. Make sure you do not miss a single step. So, while subbing out the eggs, reducing the amount of sugar, using liquid sweetener and floor, baking soda or adding the egg whites; mix all these ingredients according to the step by step method.
- Room temperature
Take care to use the ingredients that works under a proper temperature as science and legitimate is acting behind this. If a recipe includes room temperature ingredients, then only go for that ingredients. No need to add anything extra that go beyond the room temperature.
- Mixing the ingredient
Neither mix too much nor too little. Do not over mix or under mix the batter or ingredients. Try to mix according to the consistency of the ingredients and mix the cupcake batter until the dry and wet consistency is achieved. Overmixing the matter will lead to a tough layered texture of the cupcake and will result in squat looking cupcakes that will a heavy taste.
- Quality of cupcake liners
Make sure to use high quality cupcake liners as it stands for a big deal because high quality cupcake liners are the grease proof liners that do not stick to the sides of the wrapper.
- Cupcakes pan
While filling the cupcake pan, try to fill it appropriately because if it is not done properly it can lead to the overflowing of the cupcakes, sinking or rising of the cupcakes. If the batter of the cupcake is thin then use the bowl that has a spout and pour the batter in every cup. And if, suppose your batter is thick then use a big spoon or an ice cream scoop.
- Creaming & butter
The creaming and the butter should be perfect as they are going to play a vital role in making the cupcake moist and fluffy.
As we know, when it is about baking, an accurate temperatureplays avery important role.Mismatch in the temperature can result into burned or overcooked cupcakes. On the other hand, it can also be browned or undercooked. And the perfect remedy of this problem is the oven thermometer. You just have to place it in your oven and after that you van know the actual temperature of your oven without any fluctuation.
- Make it completely cool
Sometimes we are in a hurry and just after taking out from the oven we started decorating and eating it. Try not to do this, firstly let it cool for 10 minutes under the room temperature and then make it ready to decorate and eat.
- Store it properly
As the cupcakes are very soft and fluffy cover them and then keep it as they can taste bad if not kept and stored properly.
Recipe of cupcakes:
110g unsalted butter, 110g caster sugar, 110g flour, salt, 4 medium eggs, 4 tablespoon milk, ice cream scoop, muffin tins, lined paper, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, white sugar.
- Step 1- first of all, set and heat the oven to 190C and fill a cupcake tray with cases.
- Step 2– after that, use an electric whisk beat that will softenthe butter and sugar, the quantity should be 110g of each and whisk until it become pale and fluffy. And then, start whisking the eggs one by one. Do not beat all the eggs at the same time.
- Step 3– now a whisked batter of butter, sugar and egg is ready; then add half tablespoon of vanilla extract, 110g of the flour, a pinch of salt and start mixing by whisking the batter properly. Make sure to mix the batter properly according to the consistency of the ingredients.
- Step 4- after mixing the batter properly, add baking soda and powder and start pouring the batter into the cupcake cases.
- Step 5- bake the cupcakes in the oven for 15 minutes until it turns golden brown. You can that the cupcake it ready or not by inserting a skewer in it and if it comes clean you can understand that your cupcake is ready.
- Step 6- after the cupcake is ready, keep it on a wire rack and let it cool completely for 10-20 minutes under room temperature.
- Step 7- Now for the creaming, icing and decoration of the cupcake, whisk 150g of butter and after that add 300g of icing sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to it.
- Step 8- now whisk this batter again until it turns smooth and then beat it with 3-4 tablespoon fresh and cool milk, if you want colour then you can add food colour to it.
- Step 9-add the prepared mixture to the cupcakes, decorate it with Choco chips, raisins, fruitiest, berries and serve the delicious cupcakes in aluminium cups. You may also add strawberry and chocolate jam.
You can also make eggless cupcakes at home if you are a vegetarian, then add whisked curd or cocoa powder to the batter.
Cupcakes are nowadays becoming more and more popular because when compared to cakes, cupcakes are more convenient in terms of baking and preparing because of its small size and also it tastes so good. And not only this, there are a variety of different flavoured cupcakes available in the market. And suppose you are cooking cupcakes at home then make sure to follow all the best tips while baking the cupcakes.